Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Reb
    I received a really cool copied letter from Dr. Paul yesterday in the mail. If the paper hadn't been 2 sided and legal sized, I would have scanned it and posted it here. I hate to think that in the future we may look back on this election and say, if they had only nominated and voted for Ron Paul. I am still hopeful though!

Sounds great—maybe they'd email you the original message by attachment?

We've all got to do MORE MORE MORE for the campaign. I don't even have a Ron Paul Yard or window sign up yet! Shame on us all if he loses.
    Promote the NationalisTimes—order and deploy extra copies—bring all whom you know into the Forum! Fresh opportunities arise constantly. ANU.ORG is THE number one news page of them all. \"JUST DO IT”...

In a recent meeting here in Salt Lake City, Dr. Paul was greeted by more than 1,000 enthusiastic supporters.....this according to the Salt Lake Tribune. It's gratifying to know that Utahns are begining to resist the multicultural balkanizers in the neo-con crowd.

This fundraising email I got today contains much of what was written in the letter from last week.

September 20, 2007

Dear friend,

Our American way of life is under attack. And it is up to us to save it.

The world's elites are busy forming a North American Union.If they succeed, as they were in forming the European Union, the good ol' USA will only be a memory.We cannot let that happen.

The UN wants to confiscate our firearms and impose a global tax. The UN elites want to control the oceans with the Law of the Sea Treaty.And they want to use our military to police the world.

Our right to own and use property is fading because bureaucrats and special interests are abusing eminent domain.

Our right to educate our children as we choose is under assault."No Child Left Behind" is seeing to that. And our right to say "no" to forced mental screening of our school-aged children is nearly gone.

The elites gave us a national ID card.They also gave us the most misnamed legislation in history:The Patriot Act. And these same people are pushing to give amnesty to illegal immigrants and erase our national borders.

Record government debt is putting a burden on our children and grandchildren that is shameful.

Yes.Our American way of life is under attack.And it's understandable that many are concerned, even discouraged, about the kind of country our children and grandchildren will inherit.

But we must never let discouragement become surrender.

One reason I am NOT discouraged is because I know I am not fighting alone.Each day I head out I know that you and thousands of other patriotic, freedom-loving Americans are right beside me, standing brave and true for what is good and right.

I need your help now, more than ever, to save the country we love...for the people we love.

My wife Carol and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary early this year.We are proud parents of five children and 18 grandchildren.We love them very much, as I know you love your family.

As a U.S. congressman, I always think about the well-being of my family and of all the families of our great nation when I cast a vote or introduce legislation.I also remember that I have sworn a solemn oath to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States.

For me, upholding that oath is the first and best way to preserve and protect the blessed American way of life for our children and grandchildren.

And now you know why I'm running for president of the United States.

I ask for your help.Please send your maximum donation today by going tohttps://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Sincerely,

Ron

Good mailer, huh! I had an interesting day in relation to the Paul campaign. We knew all week that a gala straw poll was this evening in the state capitol (Columbia, SC). I had no idea what it was and figured it was mostly VIPs. Wrong!

Suddenly it was the last minute and we're all scrambling for the details. The organizers said you had to have an advance $50 ticket and they were sold out, but Jade (the latest model in our upcountry SC circles) said she had a connection for some extra tickets. So we got in free and had a blast. It was another write-wing family reunion with all kinds of great activists present, including the previously unconnected kind.

The buffet BBQ dinner started at 5 in a big new hall right in downtown Columbia. By happenstance we were at a table with two Brownback supporters (brother and sister recently moved from Long Island NY) and four for Huckabee (fundamentalist pastor and some of his flock). There was some good conversation which blithely ignored the main topic.

A bluegrass band played and soon the speeches began. Huckabee was there in person and won the vote by only about 27 votes over Ron Paul. It was wisely observed that If Ron had been there to orate in person he woule have been the clear winner; as it was he was only heard on tape, semi-audibly over the din of conversation as were McCain and the other big names (some were seen in simultaneous video).

Jewly Annie, McCainand the other real lowlifes got one-digit vote totals out of 500-plus that were cast! Their speeches were lifeless, tasteless, colorless, odorless. During dinner one of our crowdwas suddenly heard playing Dixie on his recorder, strolling among tables. I stoked the loud singing of it by our crowd which most sat together near the food. Many of us refused to stand for the Star-Mangled Banner or the Pledge (I was glad not to be the only one).

There was much uncertainty this afternoon as to who was eligible to attend and participate. I assumed as a conscientious non-voter I was out in the cold, but they merely had me show my "drivers license" and sign a dotted line, and I voted like the rest in the poll.

One of Huckabee's promotional items wasthe current issue of National Review with a totally goofy cover photo of him playing an electric bass guitar and singing. I guess you're not considered fully human (or a hot property) anymore if you don't "rock". Bleeecchhh! Edited by: Nelson
    Promote the NationalisTimes—order and deploy extra copies—bring all whom you know into the Forum! Fresh opportunities arise constantly. ANU.ORG is THE number one news page of them all. \"JUST DO IT”...

Not bad -- A "Ron Paul is doing well" article from the general press and hoisted on the Baltimore Sun web page. As usual, barbs. Paul is "isolationist" and didn't vote for a goofy "celebration" of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

It would be the most magnificent thing if Paul could be elected president. And I didn't know he was originally from Pittsburgh.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat....infocus23sep2 3,0,3508039.story?coll=bal_news_specials_promo

"Isolationist" is ALWAYS a smear word. Proof that the world is gone mad: the word NEUTRALITY doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks for the event info Nelson. Sounds like a great time! I heard Rush this past week say that Ron Paul was surprising some people and was doing well. He also said there are some interesting things going on out there.

Glad you enjoyed it, Reb. Update, for what it's (not) worth: Saturday we had in front of Sen. Flimsey Graham's office in Greenville. A longtime ally surprised me by bringing his candidate of choice, Dr. Hugh Cort who spoke at the straw poll. "Doc" took us to lunch afterward and with his campaign mgr tried to win me over (having noticed the Ron Paul sticker I'd forgotten I had on). A Bible-thumping Southerner, he seems much more genuine than the general run. But he, the campaign mgr and my friend are allenthusastic warmongers—escalate the war to the skies to "win" it where even the supposedly inadequate troop "surge" has failed, then smash Iran, Syria et al. They're quite matter-of-fact about it.

I no longer open coversations with warmongers about the issues. They always try to coax you into it, and from now on my stock answer to everything they say or ask is "I prefer the position of Ron Paul and the Founding Fathers—keep everything legal" (meaning Constitutional). It really boils down to lawful versus lawless,out-of-controlgovernment, and cool, calm collected, semi-answers devastate any statist cant they come up with.

Just as mad-scientist global maniac ameriKa can't sleep as long is they're not running around smasshing some other country, war boosters just can't stand it if anybody around them isn't with the program or on the way to it. Edited by: Nelson

Dr. Paul is trying to get a $500,000 boost in donations by the end of the month, and with over 3 day to go, has surpassed it! The amount of money candidates have at this point often decides who stays in the running and who exists. Now, the goal has been raised to $1 Million by midnight September 30. Here's the link so you can view the thermometer.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Via email. There is a God in heaven!

<DIV>
    < c&#111;ntent="MS 6.00.6000.16525" name=GENERATOR>

<DIV>
    <H2 =date>September 29, 2007</H2>
    <DIV =blog>
    <H3 =title>Ron Paul Wins NJ Republican Straw Poll in a Landslide</H3>Posted by Lew Rockwell at September 29, 2007 01:26 PM

Thanks to Max Raskin for phoning in the news that Ron won the important NJ Straw Poll with 72%.

Adds Garry Cobb: "This vote was in North Jersey, which is supposedly Rudy's territory given its proximity to New York. I believe he received only a few votes.

"On a side note, Rudy's speaker (Bill Spadea, who is a great speaker, by the way), in an attempt to sell his candidate, brought up the fact that Rudy had people in NYC arrested for jaywalking.... and then defended the policy! Interestingly enough, Mr. Spadea admitted that he admires Ron Paul and that his own father will probably be voting for the Dr. Paul." </DIV></DIV></DIV>

Dr. Paul surpassed the one million dollar mark in donations over the past week! Now is the time the real candidates begin to seperate themselves due to the level of funding they have available. I hope Dr. Paul continues to stay on the porch with the big dogs. I saw a Ron Paul sign and a car with his name on the side in Provo this past weekend. It is good to see such signs of non-conformity here in the Utah Valley!

Haven't read this but it looks like an excellent quick intro to our hero for skeptics and neophytes.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy124.html

Ron Paul Signs not allowed in Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJG3GB4EXagEdited by: Nelson

Too good to be true, but it is.

From Dr. Paul's 7/3/04 column LewRockwell column:

http://www.ronpaulstickers.com/dixie_daily.html
    <H3>Ron Paul on Civil Rights</H3>

[LewRockwell's intro:] Last week, Congress hailed the 40th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The heroic Ron Paul was the only member of Congress to vote No to extend the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The Trouble With Forced Integration by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

Last week, Congress hailed the 40th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The heroic Ron Paul was the only member of Congress to vote No.

Here is his statement. ~ Ed. Mr. Speaker, I rise to explain my objection to H.Res. 676. I certainly join my colleagues in urging Americans to celebrate the progress this country has made in race relations. However, contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society................

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

Awesome stuff! Although it is sick to think that there is only 1 patriot left in that house of wolves. The South will always be an occupied territory until these scourges are called such and not renewed.

I must have put the link to the great Jack Cafferty news segment on Dr. Paul somwhere else. Here's a great collage of footage that includes parts of it (thanks, Ilona):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

A letter from Dr. Ron Paul that I received earlier this evening via e-mail.

October 17, 2007 The other day, my old sparring partner in so many Congressional committee hearings, Alan Greenspan, was on the Fox Business Channel. After Alan promoted his new book, the reporter asked if we really needed a central bank. Greenspan looked stunned, and then said that was a good question; he actually talked about fiat money vs. a gold standard. Now, the ex-Fed chairman is not about to endorse our sound monetary policy, but you know our Revolution is working when such a question is asked in the mainstream media, and this powerful man gives such an answer.

You and I are reopening a whole host of questions that the establishment thought it had closed off forever: on war, on taxes and spending, on inflation and gold, and on the rule of law and our Constitution. A few years ago, I asked a famous conservative columnist a question. What did he think about the prospects for a restored Robert Taft wing of the Republican party? He thought I was joking. As you know, I was not.

After all the aggressive wars, the assaults on our privacy and civil liberties, the oppressive taxation, and the crazed spending and deficits, I believe that many Republican voters are ready to return to our roots. And the big boys feel it too. It is no coincidence that the Republican National Committee invited me to a fundraising dinner involving only "top-tier candidates." Some of the opposition claims that I am not a "real Republican," whereas I am the only one in the race. And our campaign is registering new Republican voters by the boatload. None of my opponents is doing anything approaching that.

Of course, they pooh-pooh our success. "He's just registering Democrats and Independents and people who have never voted before." Well, yes. It's called growth. We are laying the groundwork for the primaries. All over America, our support is wide and deep and growing, and young people are joining like never before. After the Dearborn debate, I went to the University of Michigan for a rally. 2,000 students turned out, something that has happened to no other candidate this year. The crowd cheered all our ideas, but especially our opposition to the Federal Reserve, and our support for real money of gold and silver, as the Constitution mandates, instead of prosperity-wrecking fiat money.

American politics hasn't seen anything like this in many decades. It is truly revolutionary. But time is getting short. We must do massive radio and TV advertising, open many small offices (three in just South Carolina the other day), staff them, pay all the bills, and turn out our vote with massive organizational and phone-bank efforts. As you know, the blackout is ending; our campaign is starting to get mainstream media attention, thanks to growing donations and volunteers. And contributions are the key to more attention, and to our being able to do the actual work of victory. Good news: our recent green-eyeshade analysis of all the candidates' net finances, which got so much press attention, shows our campaign as one of only three in the top-tier. But we must keep moving up, and the Iowa caucuses are now on January 3rd. The New Hampshire primary may be in early December!

As always, everything depends on you. Please, make the most generous donation you can https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ as soon as you can. I need your help so badly. The other day, an 8-year-old boy handed me a small white envelope. It contained the $4.00 he had saved from his allowance, as a donation to our campaign. I can't tell you how seriously I take my responsibility to work hard, and spend frugally and effectively, to be worthy of his support, and yours. Please help me keep working, even harder and more effectively, for all we believe in. Without you, I'd have to pack it in. Donate now https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ .

We have more than an election to win. We have a country to save.

Ron Paul

<DIV>WOW! This would make a great poster for Gun Shows and Offices!!</DIV>
    <DIV>Amanda</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>http://www.sfshoppi<WBR>ngnews.com/<WBR>pdfs/page%<WBR>2050.pdf</DIV>

via email :
    <DIV>This will get Ron Paul elected. I'm in!!!!!!!</DIV>
    <DIV>Amanda</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
    <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4">From: </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:13 PM</DIV>
    <DIV>Subject: Another 5th of Nov fundraising video!</DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>
    </DIV>
    <DIV =Secti&#111;n1>
    http://youtube.<WBR>com/watch?<WBR>v=3D2qGeG88PE </DIV>

Dr. Paul is on Jay Leno's show tonight.

I think Dr. Paul did really well last night, despite having to explain himself because of Leno's ignorance about his past and stances. He had lots of applause and you could tell Leno was intrigued by him, especially on the Iraq issue. I hope Dr. Paul can get more national exposure like this between the debates and before/during the primaries.