Thread: The Late, Great A. K. Chesterton

The Late, Great A. K. Chesterton

As an avid reader of Nationalist historical books, one of my greatest discoveries of past years was A. K. Chesterton. I encountered this man by ordering a great work of his from the OmniCbC bookstore, entitled “The New Unhappy Lords.” Described on the cover as an “exposure of power politics,” this book turned out to be another of what I call “complete history” of the New World Order. The nearest similar work by a British writer was the magnificent “Pawns in the Game” written by the Royal Naval Officer William Guy Carr. While “Pawns” was a soup-to-nuts history of the New World Order elements / usual suspects like the Rothschilds, Illuminati, Bank of England, British East India company, Italian Black Nobility etc., “Unhappy Lords” sticks to the dark forces behind the scenes of the modern Great Britain and the British Empire in its fading 20th century years.

In reading Heritage & Destiny I find that Mr. Chesterton was more than just the excellent author of an excellent history, but was a great Nationalist figure in England, and published prolifically with a periodical called “Candour.” England First, if you are out there this week, please tell us more about this superb Patriot. I had encountered the other Chesterson, “G. K.” I believe, who was a cousin (not a brother?) of A. K., through his extensive Catholic apologetic writings in the same epoch as those written by Hillaire Belloc.

Nationalists active on either side of the Atlantic pond would do well to read A. K.’s excellent work. It brings to life a large number of interesting “news stories” that I remember from childhood in the 1960s, but only through mainstream media. Suddenly I am able to read an accurate and patriotic view of such interesting events as the Mau Mau rebellion, the Ian Smith Rhodesia stories, Ghana, Congo, and Kenya fiascos with “Witch-doctor” mentality, and the obscene collapse of Nationalist South Africa.

Finally, Mssrs. Chesterton and Carr both have sparkling credibility in that each of them was a combat veteran of multiple major wars: Carr was active in each of the World Wars, while Chesterton was both a World War Two veteran and a member of British overseas fighting forces in the 1920s and 30s. So please tell us more!

I have The New Unhappy Lords and it's brilliant and readable. Erudite British scoffing at PC, there's nothing like it. Yes, G.K.'s cousin.

You may be interested to hear that Candour is still being published. It celebrates its 60th birthday in 2013, and The A.K. Chesterton Trust hopes to publish more of A.K.'s writings in the future. The website is here.

Great finds, Mr. Black. Thank you! In the book promotion it says AKC exposed the Mau Maus as "evil and vile thugs" -- plain English, so rare then and now.

Welcome!

We now have Juma the Great by AK Chesterton available in our website shop. This is a comedy about the adventures of Juma, an African driver, participating in the British invasion of Italian-held Abyssinia in 1940.

It is well worth a read, and is priced at 12.00
    juma.JPG

If anyone would like to sample our wares, the Candour bookshop is running a sale during December. This has 20% off everything, including Candour subscriptions and back issues.

The link is here.