Thread: Every Inch of Land a Vital Interest

The corporate media more and more resembles some of the old issues of Mad magazine and National Lampoon I read many years ago. The morning rag had this headline today on Page 4: "Bush Visits Strategic Mongolia."

I wonderif the words "Mongolia" and "strategic" have ever been uttered with a straight facein the same sentence before now. The first lineof the story, by two Los Angeles Times employees, reads, "Calling the United States and this tiny new democracy 'brothers in the cause of freedom,' President Bush yesterday capped a week-long Asia tour with a highly symbolic visit to a strategically placed ally."

Let's ignore the fact that Bush had probably never heard of Mongolia before visiting it and most certainly wouldn't be able to locate it on a map. If Mongolia is "strategically placed," then what country in the world isn't in one way or another, which means every country in the worldis a "vital interest" of the madcapImperial American Empire.
    Editor, The Nationalist Times, Voice of the Real America since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Don Wassall

If Mongolia is "strategically placed," then what country in the world isn't in one way or another, which means every country in the worldis a "vital interest" of the madcapImperial American Empire.

Well, that's it -- it's the Bushoviks' SUBTLE little way of saying every time they mention any country smaller than Texas, "WE OWN IT ALL -- GOT THAT?"Edited by: rellaw

Hehe, yeah, I dug those headlines, too. Strategically placed goatskin yurts and nomadic herdsmen could be a boon to the War Against Terror. How about that.

Well, I guess you could make this case if ya wanted to: Mongolia lies right between Russian Siberia and Northern China. China knows Russia has mineral resources, lots of them, in Siberia. China also knows Russia lacks the numbers in her (decrepit) standing army to defend herself from a Red Chinese invasion. China would probably really appreciate owning the rights to Russia's Siberian oil. Mongolia would have to take sides or at least let the Chinese use their land as a front porch to Siberia. But who knows?

That's a plausible case Marlow, but that's the whole point of having an Imperial Empire -- a plausible case can be made that every country on earth has strategic value of some kind. Even the most obscure Black African basket case "nations" have natural resources, ports, etc.

If we ever have our own network we could have a sarcastic game show that has fun with the many excesses of doomed empires, our own takeoff on "Jeopardy" or some such. Ah, to dream. . .

With the empire now established everywhere on Planet Earth, not a single sparrow falls to the ground without an American sentry taking notice.

That's the way it is nowadays; even Aunt Ida's broom closet has some strategic importance.
    The greatest threat to freedom is not foreign governments. It is our own.

Don't get me wrong DW, I wasn't making a case for Bush's sphere of influence including Mongolia. I was just pointing out how MOngolia could be seen as strategic. Don't mistake that for my actually caring about it! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I didn't take it that way, was just trying to add to your train of thought. I don't think we have any Empire supporters here -- except for the fellow from the one-member "Falconist Party," who disappeared months ago.

Falconist Party. Sounds like something that would have been on some cheesy 80's action show like Airwolf or Knight Rider. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Apparently the party is failing to sweep to power. If you want a good laugh, go to the "party's" website and see what's there now:

http://www.falconistparty.org/

. . . . . . . . especially if you're not already getting enough X-rated junk email. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

I'm not surprised...would have guessed that to be about his speed.
    The greatest threat to freedom is not foreign governments. It is our own.

It's a bit reminiscent of the character who fashioned himself the leader of a Nazi party in South Carolina a few years back. He called himself Wolfgang Hawke, but when his Jewish ancestry and name was exposed, he quickly headed to New Hampshire where he became one of the kings of sending mass junk e-mails while still in his 20s. He was indicted on charges relating to his new trade a year or two ago but I haven't heard anything since.

One must control all the land to rule the world so "Every Inch of Land a vital Interest" to the mad men and women who envision themselves as masters of the world. The same thing has been going on for thousands of years with megalomaniacs.